At Zeaborn Ship Management we have made Safety our DNA. We aim to maintain the highest standard and customer satisfaction by ensuring quality and loss prevention in the day-to-day. In order to develop our loss prevention initiatives, we are looking in Hamburg for a
- Act as Deputy DPA and Deputy CSO in accordance with relevant standards for the assigned fleet. Participate in the continuous development, implementation and supervision of the management system
- Follow up on incidents, audits and inspection findings with ship’s command / company stakeholders and propose preventive actions for adverse trends
- Review and support the process of shipboard risk management
- Conduct audits on board vessels
- Contribute to incident investigations and deliver formal investigation reports
- Work in close cooperation with technical superintendent and direct superior to continuously improve fleet safety and audit & inspections performance
- Contribute to regular company Marine Assurance & Loss Prevention reporting to the fleet and stakeholders
- Be a member of an Emergency Response Team
- Contribute to the strategic work of the Marine Assurance & Loss Prevention Department
- Provide nautical and cargo expertise to the fleet and internal/external stakeholders.
- Seagoing experience in a senior position
- Experience in a similar shore-based position is an advantage
- Very good analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision-making skills
- Proficient at user-level with Microsoft suite applications and computer skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under time pressure with willingness to travel to vessels
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English
You can expect varied and challenging tasks with a high degree of independence and personal responsibility as well as a professional and friendly team, short decision paths and flat hierarchies. You can also look forward to a modern working environment in a central city center location with canteen and an impressive view over Hamburg. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. BusinessBike, ProfiTicket, sports activities) as well as the possibility of hybrid work. Professional training as well as an appropriate performance-related salary are a matter of course for us.