At Zeaborn Ship Management we have made Safety our DNA. We aim to maintain the highest standard and customer satisfaction by ensuring quality and loss prevention in the day-to-day. In order to develop our loss prevention initiatives, we are looking in Hamburg for a
- Act as Deputy DPA and Deputy CSO in accordance with relevant standards for the assigned fleet. Take fundamental part in the continuous development, implementation and supervision of the management system
- Follow up on incidents, audits and inspection findings with ship’s command / company stakeholders and propose preventive actions for adverse trends
- Review and support the process of shipboard risk management
- Conduct audits on board vessels
- Lead and contribute to incident investigations and deliver formal investigation reports
- Work in close cooperation with technical superintendent and direct superior to continuously improve fleet safety and audit & inspections performance
- Be responsible for the preparation and distribution of regular company Marine Assurance & Loss Prevention reporting to the fleet and stakeholders
- Be a member of an Emergency Response Team
- Contribute in the strategic work of the Marine Assurance & Loss Prevention Department
- Provide nautical and cargo expertise to the fleet and internal/external stakeholders.
- Seagoing experience, preferably on bulk carriers or tanker’s in a senior position
- A shore-based position/ship management related position e.g. QHSE, Marine Superintendent, or similar is an advantage
- Very good analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision-making skills
- Proficient at user-level with Microsoft suite applications and computer skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under time pressure with willingness to travel to vessels
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English
Become part of a modern international company that drives a continuous innovation process. You help to shape this transformational change with future-oriented solutions. We offer motivated and engaged personalities diversified and challenging tasks and projects with plenty of room for independence and personal responsibility.
You can also look forward to a modern working environment in a central city location with a company canteen and an impressive view over the city. Professional induction and appropriate remuneration are a part of our philosophy.