At Zeaborn Ship Management we have made Safety our DNA. We aim to maintain highest standard and customer satisfaction by ensuring quality and loss prevention is in the day to day. In order to maintain our standards, and further develop our loss prevention initiatives, we are looking in Hamburg for a
LOSS PREVENTION SUPERINTENDENT
- Investigate fleet incidents, accidents and key organizational performance events.
- Ensure meaningful actions are derived from investigations, and for the purpose of organizational learning and loss prevention.
- Follow-up and ensure implementation of learnings and actions from investigations, in cooperation with accountable stakeholders.
- Lead investigation teams composed of diverse subject-matter-experts. Work in very close cooperation and team-up with DPAs, technical fleet managers, marine superintendents, crew managers and fleet personnel officers, as part of the investigation process.
- Organize regular investigation meetings to discuss progress and resource requirements.
- Liaise with external parties and stakeholders and provide regular updates (brief management) on the investigation’s findings.
- Use investigations as a development opportunity for team members wherever possible.
- Marine engineer, naval architect or equivalent nautical degree. Additional training in human and organizational performance, health & safety or similar is an asset.
- Senior sailing experience as engineer/officer is desirable. Experience as Chief Engineer/Master is an advantage as well as in a similar position ashore or in ship management in a highly competitive/safety-oriented industry.
- Experience with investigations, investigation methodologies, appreciative enquiry/interviewing.
- Excellent communicator, open minded, critical thinker, good listener, and team player.
- Strong English writing skills. Analytical skills and project management skills.
- Leadership experience is of advantage.
You can expect varied and challenging tasks with a high degree of independence and personal responsibility as well as a professional and friendly team, short decision paths and flat hierarchies. You can also look forward to a modern working environment in a central city center location with canteen and an impressive view over Hamburg. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. BusinessBike, ProfiTicket, sports activities) as well as the possibility of hybrid work. Professional training as well as an appropriate performance-related salary are a matter of course for us.